When Death Occurs
When a death occurs in your family, you will be faced with important tasks and decision-making during a very difficult time. Bearing this responsibility can be overwhelming.
The Zizelmann-Gulla Funeral Home and Cremation Services, Inc. are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to guide you through these details.
After a death has occurred, notify Zizelmann-Gulla Funeral Home and Cremation Services, Inc. by calling (570) 668-0390. The following are the immediate questions that we will ask when you call:
- What is the full name of the deceased?
- What is the location of the deceased (hospital, nursing facility, or residence)?
- What is your name, address and telephone number?
- What are the name, address, and phone number of the next-of-kin?
- Is there a pre-arranged funeral plan?
During the initial call, we will set an appointment time for you to come to the funeral home to complete the details of the funeral arrangement.
We will also ask you to bring in some items and information that will be necessary to complete the arrangements. These items will include:
- Clothing for the deceased.
- Social security number of the deceased.
- The deceased's birth date and city, county, and state of birth.
- The deceased's parents names, including mother's maiden name.
- Information about the deceased's education.
- Veteran's discharge papers (Form DD-214).
- If in receipt of veteran benefits, a VA Claim Number in needed.
- A recent photograph of the deceased (for use with the website, obituary, and register book).
- Cemetery lot information (if applicable).