Why Choose Us
What Makes Zizelmann-Gulla Funeral Home and Cremation Services, Inc. Different
There are few remaining family-owned funeral homes in Pennsylvania that have a history as extensive as ours. Since 1857, five generations of our family have been serving yours.
When you select Zizelmann-Gulla Funeral Home and Cremation Services, Inc., you will be cared for by members of our family that are professional, compassionate, knowledgeable and, most importantly, detail-oriented.
In addition to getting you through the first week after the passing of a loved one, we offer continuing services for months after a death in the form of continued consultations, advice, and, most of all, empathy.
Ten Reasons to Choose Us
- We are family-owned, whereas some local providers are part of a large conglomerate or a corporation. We are mindful that our most valuable asset is our reputation.
- Our staff is the very best. We are professional, compassionate, knowledgeable, and detail-oriented, dedicated to providing the best service possible.
- We are technologically savvy offering an acoustical system, professional, in-house produced DVDs, a flat screen TV, and a world-class web site with online memorial capabilities that are linked to Facebook
- We are rapid and responsive 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
- We are competitively and fairly priced. In accordance with federal laws, all prices are disclosed before arrangements are finalized.
- Both of our funeral homes are handicapped accessible and have central air. We own, operate, and maintain our own facilities.
- We consider that serving you is not our right; it is an honor bestowed on us. We will never exploit your grief, and we will therefore never use compromising circumstances as a method for gaining clientele.
- We offer one of the finest and most comfortable facilities in the Tamaqua area. You are welcome to visit at any time and see for yourself.
- Our client’s best interests are our priority. Our staff handles paperwork efficiently and quickly, including: death certificate procurement; veteran benefit applications; insurance claims; burial, transit, and cremation authorizations; pre-need assignments; and more. We disseminate public service announcements in our local papers and our Facebook page regarding changes in state and national laws as well as consumer topics.
- We live in the area that we service, so we are dedicated to Tamaqua, and Panther Valley’s communal health and success. To that end, we are civically involved in the Tamaqua and Panther Valley and seek to make a difference. Our directors and employees are committed members of civic service organizations, including the Tamaqua Blue Raider Foundation Board of Directors, the Independent Order of Odd Fellows, the Tamaqua Chamber of Commerce, the American Legion, the Tamaqua Public Library Board of Directors, numerous local fire companies and churches, and the coordination of the Memorial Day parade and services.